Anyway, my latest award is the Liebster award for which I was nominated by Rhia at http://www.virtual-rhiality.com
The Liebster Award is for bloggers with fewer than three hundred followers. A blogger nominates eleven fellow bloggers and asks them a set of eleven questions. The rules state that a nominee must link back to the blogger from whom they received a nomination. The nominee will write eleven random facts about themselves and then answer the eleven questions which have been set for them. They in turn will nominate another eleven bloggers and post eleven questions to them. Thus we all learn a little more about each other and, possibly, gain a few more followers along the way!
Here are the eleven facts about myself:
- I am a final year law student hoping to, eventually, end up in a career as a solicitor.
- As well as a home cook/baker, I am also a self-taught musician (I play mainly autoharps, but I also play a little piano and guitar as well as the mountain dulcimer).
- I am a fan of country, folk, and bluegrass music.
- I rarely backdown in a dispute or debate - I will try to convince you you're wrong, even if you're right.
- I enjoy reading - especially nineteenth century gothic literature.
- I'm a bit of a spelling and grammar nazi. Even though my grammar is not impeccable, I try to do the best possible and pick up those who do not.
- I collect (some would say hoard) cookbooks but I almost never buy them full price. I like to wait for offers of discounts.
- I am a bit of collector of knives also. I started with one santoku knife and now have a good set of around seven or eight knives (and I probably haven't finished collecting).
- I'm a bit of a softy when it comes to films - my favourite films are usually those 80s-90s rom coms set in New York, etc. (usually with Meg Ryan and/or Tom Hanks) in them. Cheesy, I know!
- I am very strict about what I put on my body (in terms of toiletries and hair products); I only use natural and organic products. Whilst I'm cautious about what I put on my body, I'm not so cautious about what I put into it! If I want some chips, I'm afraid I'm having them (although I do try to eat organic foods for the most part).
And, here are my answers to the questions set by Rhia:
If you could change your name to anything what would it be and why?
I don't think I would change my name, I see nothing wrong with the one I have. It would be nice to know a little more about the family name though.
What is your most annoying habit?
I am rather annoying when it comes to checking whether I have all of my personal belonging with me (in my university bag, for example. I often check them several times before leaving somewhere. My friends are always telling me off for doing it.
What is your biggest irrational fear?
I have several of them, many of them involving creepy crawlies! I'm a wimp! haha
If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
Well, I would love to spend a while in the not-so-touristy parts of Italy but I've always said I would like to take a few months and journey around all of America. To travel through the Deep South would be fantastic!
Savoury or sweet?
That entirely depends on the mood I am in. I go through phases of sweet or savoury and then, when I eat too much of one, I crave the other!
What is your favourite season?
Fall. It just has that je ne sais quoi!
What are your three favourite words?
The three words I use the most, probably, are "I don't know" (but in a context similar to "I don't know... What are you like?")
If you could interview a celebrity who would it be and what would you ask them?
It would, most definitely, be either Dolly Parton (my favourite country artist) or Baroness Thatcher. As for what I would ask them, that would depend on the conversation(s) I got into, wouldn't it?
What was the best gift you ever received?
I was given an iPad 2 one year, but I think the best gift I have been given was an autoharp (an Appalachian folk instrument) which was given to me by a very kind man in California.
If you owned a time machine what date would you set it for and what would you do when you got there?
I don't know if I would go anywhere. The past is flawed and why spoil the future? The anticipation is much better.
If you could eat one thing right now what would it be?
Well, as I wrote this whilst sat in Starbucks, my hunger is thoroughly satisfied (but I wouldn't turn down a nice piece of cake) haha!
Now, here are my nominations for the Liebster award:
- Debs at http://www.debsdustbunny.blogspot.co.uk/
- Lynda at http://www.theeasymealschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
- Xi at http:/www.bakingscience.blogspot.co.uk/
- Cakey Boi at http://www.cakeyboi.com/
- Self Raising Flower at http://www.selfraiseflower.wordpress.com/
- Sue at http://www.foldintheflour.blogspot.co.uk/
- Baking Bachelor at http://www.bakingbachelor.com/
- Zoe at http://www.bakeforhappykids.blogspot.co.uk/
- Ros at http://www.themorethanoccasionalbaker.blogspot.co.uk/
And, finally, here are my questions to those who I have nominated:
- What is the worst baking accident you've ever had?
- What is your favourite cookbook?
- Scone (as in stone) or scone (as in gone)?
- Do you have pets?
- Have you ever bought something and passed it off as homemade?
- Have you ever met someone famous? Who was it?
- Cake, pastries, bread, or biscuits - which do you bake the most?
- Cake, pastries, bread, or biscuits - which gives you the most hassle?
- Do you sing and/or dance in public?
- Do you prefer to be too warm or too cold?
Enjoy, and congratulations to those who got nominated! Happy baking!